Aquat. Living Resour.
Volume 27, Number 3-4, July-December 2014
|Page(s)||153 - 165|
|Published online||15 January 2015|
- ABARE, 1991, Australian fisheries statistics 1991. Canberra, Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics (ABARE).
- ABARE, 1993–1997, Australian fisheries statistics 1993 to 1997. Canberra, Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics (ABARE).
- ABARE, 1999–2009, Australian fisheries statistics 1998 to 2008. Canberra, Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics (ABARE).
- ABARE-BRS, 2010, Australian fisheries statistics 2009. Canberra, Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Bureau of Rural Sciences (ABARE-BRS).
- ABARES, 2011, Australian fisheries statistics 2010. Canberra, Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES).
- ABARES, 2012, Australian fisheries statistics 2011. Canberra, Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES).
- ABARES, 2013, Australian fisheries statistics 2012. Canberra, Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES).
- Attenbrow V., 2002, Sydney’s aboriginal past: Investigating the archaeological and historical records. Sydney, University of New South Wales Press.
- Bailey G.N., 1975, The role of molluscs in coastal economies: The results of midden analysis in Australia. J. Archaeol. Sci. 2, 45–62. [CrossRef]
- Brake F.,Ross T.,Holds G.,Kiermeier A.,McLeod C., 2014, A survey of Australian oysters for the presence of human noroviruses. Food Microbiol. 44, 264–270. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Buestel D.,Ropert M.,Prou J.,Goulletquer P., 2009, History, status, and future of oyster culture in France. J. Shellfish Res. 28, 813-820. [CrossRef]
- Clarke J., Ed. 2013, Oysterman: the world’s biggest oyster farm. John Clarke, Port Stephens, New South Wales.
- Cominski S., 2009, Australian oyster industry supply chain analysis, CDI Pinnacle Management Pty Ltd. Report prepared for the Australian Seafood CRC Oyster Consortium, Project No: 2008/777.
- CSIRO, BOM, 2014, Climate change in Australia, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) in partnership with the Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency through the Australian Climate Change Science Program.
- Diggles B.K., 2013, Historical epidemiology indicates water quality decline drives loss of oyster (Saccostrea glomerata) reefs in Moreton Bay, Australia. N.Z. J. Mar. Freshw. Res. 1–21.
- FAO, 2004, The hatchery culture of bivalves: A practical manual. Helm M.M., Bourne N., Lovatelli A. (Eds) Fisheries and Aquaculture Dep., Rome, Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations, Fish. Techn. Pap. 471.
- Girard S.,Mariojouls C., 2003, French consumption of oysters and mussels analysed within the European market. Aquac. Econ. Manage. 7, 319–333. [CrossRef]
- Girard S., Pérez Agúndez J.A., 2014, The effects of the oyster mortality crisis on the economics of the shellfish farming sector: Preliminary review and prospects from a case study in Marennes-Oleron Bay (France). Mar. Policy 48, 142–151. [CrossRef]
- Gong N.,Yang H.,Zhang G.,Landau B.J.,Guo X., 2004, Chromosome inheritance in triploid Pacific oyster (Crassostrea gigas Thunberg). Heredity 93, 408–415. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Green T.J.,Montagnani C.,Benkendorff K.,Robinson N.,Speck P., 2014, Ontogeny and water temperature influences the antiviral response of the Pacific oyster, Crassostrea gigas. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 36, 151–157. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Grohmann G.S.,Greenberg H.B.,Welch B.M.,Murphy A.M., 1980, Oyster-associated gastroenteritis in Australia: the detection of Norwalk virus and its antibody by immune electron microscopy and radioimmunoassay. J. Med. Virol. 6, 11–19. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hobday A.J., Bustamante R., Farmery A., et al., 2014, Growth opportunities and critical elements in the supply chain for wild fisheries and aquaculture in a changing climate, Final Report. Fisheries Research and Development Corporation and CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research, FRDC-DCCEE Marine National Adaptation Program 2011/233.
- Humphreys J.,Herbert R.J.H.,Roberts C.,Fletcher S., 2014, A reappraisal of the history and economics of the Pacific oyster in Britain. Aquaculture 428–429, 117–124. [CrossRef]
- Jentoft S., 1989, Fisheries co-management: Delegating government responsibility to fishermen’s organizations. Mar. Policy 13, 137–154. [CrossRef]
- Kow F.,Yu L.,Fitzgerald D.,Grewal D., 2008, Understanding the factors related to the consumers’ choices of oysters in Australia: An empirical study. J. Foodservice 19, 245–253. [CrossRef]
- Leith P.B., Haward M., 2010, Climate change adaptation in the Australian edible oyster industry: An analysis of policy and practice, University of Tasmania, Hobart, ISBN: 978-1-86295-582-0.
- Lergessner J.G., 2006, Oysterers of Moreton Bay. Bribie Island, Queensland.
- Linco S.J., Grohmann G.S., 1980, The Darwin outbreak of oyster-associated viral gastroenteritis. Med. J. Australia 1.
- Liu Y.,Kow F.,Grewal D.,Fitzgerald D., 2006, Consumer purchase behaviour for oysters: An empirical study in some state capital cities of Australia. Int. J. Consumer Stud. 30, 85–94. [CrossRef]
- Malcolm W.B., 1987, The Sydney rock oyster, Department of Agriculture New South Wales. Agfact F3.1.1, Agdex 486/10.
- Medcof J.C.,Wolf R.C., 1975, Spread of Pacific oyster worries NSW culturists. Aust. Fish. 34, 32–38.
- Mitchell I., Jones A., Crawford C., 2000, Distribution of feral Pacific oysters and environmental conditions. In: Gardner C. (Ed.) National Heritage Trust, Final Report. University of Tasmania, Tasmanian Aquaculture & Fisheries Institute, Hobart, ISBN 0 7246 4609 4.
- Mueller Loose S.,Peschel A.,Grebitus C., 2013, Quantifying effects of convenience and product packaging on consumer preferences and market share of seafood products: The case of oysters. Food Qual. Preference 28, 492–504. [CrossRef]
- Murphy A.M., Grohmann G.S., 1978, Oyster food poisoning. Med. J. Austr. 2.
- Nell J., 2001, The history of oyster farming in Australia. Mar. Fish. Rev. 63, 14–25.
- Nell J., 2007, Controlling mudworm in oysters, Primefact 590. NSW Department of Primary Industries.
- Nell J.,Perkins B., 2005, Studies on triploid oysters in Australia: Farming potential of all-triploid Pacific oysters, Crassostrea gigas (Thunberg), in Port Stephens, New South Wales, Australia. Aquac. Res. 36, 530–536. [CrossRef]
- NSW DPI, 2003, Aquaculture production report 2001-2002. In: Macdonald I. (Ed.). Port Stephens, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries, ISSN 1444–840.
- NSW DPI, 2005, Farming the Sydney rock oyster. In: Nell J. (Ed.). Port Stephens, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries, Prime Fact 3.
- NSW DPI, 2006, The NSW oyster industry sustainable aquaculture strategy. Port Stephens, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries, ISBN 0734717768.
- NSW DPI, 2011, Aquaculture Production Report 2010–2011. In: Trenaman R. (Ed.). Port Stephens, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries, ISSN 1444–840.
- NSW DPI, 2012, New South Wales Pacific oyster survey 2010. Port Stephens, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries.
- NSW DPI, 2013, Aquaculture Production Report 2011–2012. In: Livingstone S. (Ed.). Port Stephens, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries, ISSN 1444–840.
- NSW DPI, 2013, QX oyster disease management in aquaculture, NSW Government.
- NSW DPI, 2014, NSW oyster industry sustainable aquaculture strategy, Second edition. NSW Department of Primary Industries, Port Stephens.
- NSW DPI, 2014, Pacific oyster (Crassostrea gigas). Port Stephens, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries.
- NSW Government, 2014, Food regulation 2010. Sydney, NSW Legislation.
- NSW Royal Commission on Oyster Culture, 1877, Report of the Royal Commission, appointed on the 29th September, 1876: to inquire into the best mode of cultivating the oyster ... also as to the legislation necessary to carry out these objectives ... together with the minutes of evidence, and appendices. Sydney, Charles Potter, Acting Government Printer.
- O’Connor W.A.,Dove M.C., 2009, The changing face of oyster culture in New South Wales, Australia. J. Shellfish Res. 28, 803–811. [CrossRef]
- Ogburn D.M., 2011, The NSW oyster industry: A risk indicator of sustainable coastal policy and practice, Ph.D. Thesis, Australian National University.
- Ogburn D.M.,White I.,McPhee D.P., 2007, The disappearance of oyster reefs from eastern Australian estuaries – Impact of colonial settlement or mudworm invasion? Coast. Manage. 35, 271–287.
- Paul-Pont I.,Dhand N.,Whittington R.J., 2013, Spatial distribution of mortality in Pacific oysters Crassostrea gigas: reflection on mechanisms of OsHV-1 transmission. Dis. Aquat. Org. 105, 127–138. [CrossRef]
- Peacock A., 1991, Economics, cultural values and cultural policies. J. Cult. Econ. 15, 1–18. [CrossRef]
- Pease B.C., Grinberg A., 1995, New South Wales commercial fisheries statistics 1940 to 1992. Cronalla, Fisheries Research Institute, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries.
- PIRSA, 2003, Pacific oyster aquaculture in South Australia. Adelaide, Primary Industries and Regions South Australia.
- Pollard D.A.,Hutchings P.A., 1990, A review of exotic marine organisms introduced to the Australian region: 2-Invertebrates and alguae. Asian Fish. Sci. 8, 223–250.
- QLD DPI, 2008, Oyster Industry Management Plan for Moreton Bay Marine Park, PR08–4137. The State of Queensland, Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
- Raftos D.A.,Kuchel R.,Aladaileh S.,Butt D., 2014, Infectious microbial diseases and host defense responses in Sydney rock oysters. Front. Microbiol. 5, 135. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Read G.B., 2010, Comparison and history of Polydora websteri and P. haswelli (Polychaeta: Spionidae) as mud-blister worms in New Zealand shellfish. N.Z. J. Mar. Freshw. Res. 44, 83–100. [CrossRef]
- Roughley T.C., 1922, Oyster culture on the Georges River, New South Wales. Sydney, Technical Education Series, Technological Museum.
- Schrobback P.,Pascoe S.,Coglan L., 2014a, Impacts of introduced aquaculture species on markets for native aquaculture products: The case of edible oysters in Australia. Aquac. Econ. Manage. 18, 248–272. [CrossRef]
- Schrobback P.,Coglan L.,Pascoe S., 2014b, Socio-economic determinants for industry development: the case of Australia’s Sydney rock oyster industry. Aquat. Living Resour. 27, 167–175. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Schrobback, P., Pascoe, S., Coglan L., in press, Shape up or ship out: can we enhance productivity in coastal aquaculture to compete with other uses? PLoS One.
- Smith G., 1981, Southern Queensland’s oyster industry. J. R. Hist. Soc. Queensland 11, 45–58.
- Smith G., 1985, The Queensland oyster fishery: An illustrated history, Queensland Department of Primary Industries, Brisbane.
- Spiers Z.B.,Gabor M.,Fell S.A.,Carnegie R.B.,Dove M., O’Connor W.,Frances J.,Go J.,Marsh I.B.,Jenkins C., 2014, Longitudinal study of winter mortality disease in Sydney rock oysters Saccostrea glomerata. Dis. Aquat. Org. 110, 151–164. [CrossRef]
- State of Queensland, 2006, Food Act 2006, Queensland Health.
- State of Queensland, 2009, Food Production (Safety) Act 2000. Reprint No. 3B: Food Production (Safety) Regulation 2002.
- Syvret M., Fitzgerald A., Hoare P., 2008, Development of a Pacific oyster aquaculture protocol for the UK: Technical report, Sea Fish Industry Authority, FIFG Project No: 07/Eng.
- Thomson J., 1952, The acclimatization and growth of the Pacific oyster (Gryphaea gigas) in Australia. Mar. Freshw. Res. 3, 64–73. [CrossRef]
- White I., 2001, Safeguarding environmental conditions for oyster cultivation in New South Wales, Report prepared for NSW Healthy Rivers Commission, Report No. 010801.
- Wingfield M., Heidenreich M., 2012, Individual farm production data for Sydney rock oyster farmers in Queensland (1998 to 2012). Bribie Island/Brisbane, Queensland Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
- Wingfield M., Heidenreich M., 2013, Annual Sydney rock oyster production data. Bribie Island/Brisbane, Queensland Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
- Wolf P.H., 1972, Occurrence of a haplosporidian in Sydney rock oysters (Crassostrea commercialis) from Moreton Bay, Queensland, Australia. J. Invertebr. Pathol. 19, 416–417. [CrossRef]
- Wolf P.H.,Medcof J.C., 1974, Be on your guard against the Pacific oyster. The Fisherman 4, 3–5.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.