Aquat. Living Resour.
Volume 21, Number 2, April-June 2008
|Page(s)||145 - 152|
|Published online||27 June 2008|
- Anon., 1985, Improved catches of mulloway in the Coorong. South Australian Fisheries Industry Council (SAFIC) 9.
- Barrera-Guevara J.C., 1990, The conservation of Totoaba macdonaldi (Gilbert), (Pisces: Sciaenidae) in the Gulf of California, Mexico. J. Fish Biol. 37, 201–202. [CrossRef]
- Beck M.W., Heck K.L. Able K., Childers D., Gillanders B.M., Halpern B., Hays C., Hoshino K., Minello T., Orth R.J., Sheridan P., Weinstein M., 2001, The identification, conservation and management of estuarine and marine nurseries for fish and invertebrates. Bioscience 51, 633–641. [CrossRef]
- Bernatzeder A., Britz P.J., 2007, Temperature preference of juvenile dusky kob Argyrosomus japonicus (Pisces: Sciaenidae). Afr. J. Mar. Sci. 3, 539–543. [CrossRef]
- Blaber S.J.M., 1980, Fish of the Trinity Inlet system of north Queensland with notes on the ecology of fish faunas of tropical Indo-Pacific estuaries. Aust. J. Mar. Freshw. Res. 31, 137–46. [CrossRef]
- Bortone S.A., Dunson W.A., Greenawalt J.M., 2005, Fishes as estuarine indicators. In: Estuarine Indicators. Bortone S.A (Ed.) Boca Raton, Florida, CRC Press, pp. 381–391.
- Burke J.S., Peters D.S., Hanson P.J., 1993, Morphological indices and otolith microstructure of Atlantic croaker, Micropogonias undulatus, as indicators of habitat quality along an estuarine pollution gradient. Environ. Biol. Fishes 36, 25–33. [CrossRef]
- Cisneros-Mata M.A., Montemayor-Lopez G , Roman-Rodriquez M.J., 1995, Life-history and conservation of Totoaba macdonaldi. Conserv. Biol. 9, 806–814. [CrossRef]
- Close A.F. (Ed.), 1990, The impact of man on the flow regime. The Murray. Canberra, The Murray-Darling Basin Commission.
- Farmer B., 2003, Biology of the mulloway Argyrosomus japonicus in Western Australia. School of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology. Perth, Murdoch University.
- Ferguson G., 2006, The South Australian Lakes and Coorong Fishery: Fishery Stock Status Report for PIRSA Fisheries. South Australian Research and Development Institute (Aquatic Sciences) RD04/0099-2. 1–12.
- Ferguson G., 2008, The South Australian Lakes and Coorong Fishery: Fishery Stock Status Report for PIRSA Fisheries. South Australian Research and Development Institute (Aquatic Sciences) RD04/0099-2, pp. 1–12.
- Ferguson G.J., Ward T., 2003, Mulloway (Argyrosomus japonicus) Fishery. South Australian Research and Development Institute (Aquatic Sciences) RD03/0040, pp. 1–55.
- Geddes M.C., 1987, Changes in salinity and in the distribution of macrophytes, macrobenthos and fish in the Coorong lagoons, South Australia, following a period of River Murray flow. Trans. R. Soc. S. Aust. 111, 173–181.
- Gillanders B., Kingsford M.J., 2002, Impact of changes in flow of freshwater on estuarine and open coastal habitats and the associated organisms. Oceanogr. Mar. Biol. Ann. Rev. 40, 233–309.
- Gray C.A., McDonall V.C., 1993, Distribution and growth of juvenile mulloway, Argyrosomus hololepidotus (Pisces: Sciaenidae) in the Hawkesbury River, south eastern Australia. Aust. J. Mar. Freshw. Res. 44, 401–409. [CrossRef]
- Griffiths M.H., 1996, Life history of the Dusky kob Argyrosomus japonicus (Sciaenidae) off the east coast of South Africa. S. Afr. J. Mar. Sci. 17, 135–154.
- Griffiths M.H., 1997, Management of the South African Dusky kob Argyrosomus japonicus (Sciaenidae) based on per-recruit models. S. Afr. J. Mar. Sci. 18, 213–228.
- Griffiths M.H., Hecht T., 1993, Two South African Argyrosomus species: implications for management. Fish, fishers and fisheries- Proc. 2nd South African marine linefish Symposium, Oceanographic Research Institute.
- Griffiths M.H., Hecht T., 1995, Age and growth of South African dusky kob Argyrosomus japonicus (Sciaenidae) based on otoliths. S. Afr. J. Mar. Sci. 16, 119–128.
- Hall D., 1984, The Coorong: Biology of the major fish species and fluctuations in catch rates 1976-1983. South Australian Fisheries Industry Council (SAFIC) 8, 3–15.
- Hall D.A., 1986, An assessment of the mulloway (Argyrosomus hololepidotus) fishery in South Australia with particular reference to the Coorong Lagoon. Department of Fisheries, South Australia, pp. 1–41.
- Henry G.W., Lyle J.M., 2003, The National Recreational and Indigenous Fishing Survey. Fisheries Research and Development Corporation 99/158.
- Hseih C., Riess C.S., Hunter J.R.,. Beddington J.R., May R.M., Sugihara G., 2006, Fishing elevates variability in the abundance of exploited species. Nature 443, 859–862. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Jones K., Doonan A.M., 2005, 2000-01 National Recreational and Indigenous Fishing Survey: South Australian Regional Information. Primary Industries and Resources SA 46, pp. 1–99.
- Lenanton R.C.J., 1982, Alternative non-estuarine nursery habitats for some commercially and recreationally important fish species of south-western Australia. Aust. J. Mar. Freshw. Res. 33, 881–900. [CrossRef]
- Lenanton R.C.J., Potter I.C., 1987, Contribution of estuaries to commercial fisheries in temperate western Australia and the concept of estuarine dependence. Estuaries 10, 28–35. [CrossRef]
- Loneragan N.R. , Bunn S.E., 1999, River flows and estuarine systems: Implications for coastal fisheries from a review and a case study of the Logan River, southeast Queensland. Aust. J. Ecol. 24, 431–440. [CrossRef]
- Marais J.F.K., 1988, Some factors which influence fish abundance in South African estuaries. S. Afr. J. Mar. Sci. 6, 67–77.
- McGlennon D., Jones, G.K., Baker J., Jackson W., Kinloch M.A., 2000, Ageing, catch-at-age and relative year-class strength for snapper (Pagrus auratus) in northern Spencer Gulf, South Australia. Mar. Freshw. Res. 51, 669–677. [CrossRef]
- Meynecke J., Lee S.H, Duke N.C., Warnken J., 2006, Effect of rainfall as a component of climate change on estuarine fish production in Queensland, Australia. Estuar. Coast. Shelf Sci. 69, 491–504. [CrossRef]
- Newman B., 2000, Hydrology of the Lower Lakes and Coorong. In: Jensen A., Good M., Tucker P., Long M. (Eds.), River Murray Barrages Environmental Flows: an evaluation of environmental flow needs in the lower lakes and Coorong. Adelaide, Wetlands Management Program, Department for Water Resources, pp. 1–118.
- Robbins J.B., Halliday I.A., Staunton-Smith J., Mayer D.G., Sellin M.J., 2005, Freshwater flow requirements of estuarine fisheries in tropical Australia: a review of the state of knowledge and application of a suggested approach. Mar. Freshw. Res. 56, 343–360. [CrossRef]
- Sadovy Y., Cheung W.L., 2003, Near extinction of a highly fecund fish: the one that nearly got away. Fish Fish. 4, 86–99.
- Scharf F.S., 2000, Patterns in abundance, growth, and mortality of juvenile red drum across estuaries on the Texas coast with implications for recruitment and stock enhancement. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc. 129, 1207–1222. [CrossRef]
- Silberschneider V., Gray C.A., 2008, Synopsis of biological, fisheries and aquaculture-related information on mulloway Argyrosomus japonicus (Pisces: Sciaenidae), with particular reference to Australia J. Appl. Ichthyol. 24, 7–17.
- Thomas P.M., 1999, Water quality monitoring of Coorong Lagoons. Australian Water Quality Centre.
- Walker D.J., Jessup A., 1992, Analysis of the dynamic aspects of the River Murray mouth, South Australia. J. Coast. Res. 8, 19–24.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.