Aquat. Living Resour.
Volume 26, Number 1, January-March 2013
|Page(s)||19 - 24|
|Published online||23 January 2013|
- Beverton R.J.H., 1992, Patterns of reproductive strategy parameters in some marine teleost fishes. J. Fish Biol. 41 (Suppl. B), 137–160. [CrossRef]
- Beverton R.J.H., Holt S.J., 1956, A review of methods for estimating mortality rates in fish populations, with special reference to sources of bias in catch sampling. Rapp. P.-V. Réun. Cons. Int. Explor. Mer 140, 67–83.
- Froese R., Binohlan C., 2000, Empirical relationships to estimate asymptotic length, length at first maturity and length at maximum yield per recruit in fishes, with a simple method to evaluate length frequency data. J. Fish Biol. 56, 758–773. [CrossRef]
- Fry G.C., Griffiths S.P., 2010, Population dynamics and stock status of cobia, Rachycentron canadum, caught in Australian recreational and commercial coastal fisheries. Fish. Manage. Ecol. 17, 231–239. [CrossRef]
- González-Armas R., Klett-Traulsen A., Hernández-Herrera A., 2006, Evidence of billfish reproduction in the southern Gulf of California, Mexico. Bull. Mar. Sci. 79, 705–717.
- Graves J.E., McDowell J.R., 2003, Stock structure of the world’s istiophorid billfishes : a genetic perspective. Mar. Freshw. Res. 54, 287–298. [CrossRef]
- Hill K.T., Cailliet G.M., Radtke R.L., 1989, A comparative analysis of growth zones in four calcified structures of Pacific blue marlin, Makaira nigricans. Fish. Bull. 87, 829–843.
- Hinton M.G., 2001, Status of blue marlin in the Pacific Ocean. Stock Assessment Report 1, Inter-American Tropical Tuna Commission, La Jolla, CA, pp. 284–319.
- Hufnagl M., Temming A., Siegel V., Tulp I., Bolle L., 2010, Estimating total mortality and asymptotic length of Crangon crangon between 1955 and 2006. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 67, 875–884. [CrossRef]
- Jensen A.L., 1996, Beverton and Holt life history invariants result from optimal trade-off of reproduction and survival. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 53, 820–822. [CrossRef]
- Kleiber P., Hinton M.G., Uozumi Y., 2003, Stock assessment of blue marlin (Makaira nigricans) in the Pacific using MUNTIFAN-CL. Mar. Freshw. Res. 54, 349–360. [CrossRef]
- Kopf R.K., Drew K., Humphreys R.L., 2010, Age estimation of billfishes (Kajikia spp.) using fin spine cross-sections : the need for an international code of practice. Aquat. Living Resour. 23, 13–23. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Molony B., 2008, Fisheries biology and ecology of highly migratory species that commonly interact with industrialised longline and purse-seine fisheries in the western and central Pacific Ocean. Working Paper EB-IP-6, 4th Meeting of the Scientific Committee of the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC-SC4), 11-22 August 2008, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
- Nakano H., Matsunaga H., Okamoto H., Okazaki M., 2003, Acoustic tracking of bigeye thresher shark Alopias superciliosus in the eastern Pacific Ocean. Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. 265, 255–261. [CrossRef]
- Ottersen G., Hjermann D., Stenseth N.C., 2006, Changes in spawning stock structure strengthen the link between climate and recruitment in a heavily fished cod (Gadus morhua) stock. Fish. Oceanogr. 15, 230–243. [CrossRef]
- Patterson K., 1992, Fisheries for small pelagic species : an empirical approach to management targets. Rev. Fish Biol. Fish. 2, 321–338. [CrossRef]
- Pauly D., 1980, On the interrelationships between natural morality, growth parameters and mean environmental temperatures in 175 fish stocks. J. Cons. Int. Explor. Mer 39, 175–192.
- Pauly D., 1983, Length-converted catch curves : a powerful tool for fisheries research in the tropics (Part I). Fishbyte 1, 9–13.
- Pine W.E., Martell S.J.D., Jensen O.P., Walters C.J., Kitchell J.F., 2008, Catch-and-release and size limit regulations for blue, white, and striped marlin : the role of postrelease survival in effective policy design. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 65, 975–988. [CrossRef]
- Quinn T.J., Deriso R.B., 1999, Quantitative Fish Dynamics. Oxford, New York.
- Rochet M.J., Trenkel V.M., 2003, Which community indicators can measure the impact of fishing? A review and proposals. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 60, 86–99. [CrossRef]
- Schaefer K.M., 1996, Spawning time, frequency, and batch fecundity of yellowfin tuna, Thunnus albacares, near Clipperton Atoll in the eastern Pacific Ocean. Fish. Bull. 94, 98–112.
- Skillman R.A., Yong M.Y.Y., 1976, Von Bertalanffy growth curves for striped marlin, Tetrapturus audax, and blue marlin, Makaira nigricans, in the central North Pacific Ocean. Fish. Bull. 74, 553–66.
- Shannon C.E., 1948, A mathematical theory of communication. Bell System Tech. J. 27, 379–423. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Shimose T., Yokawa K., Saito H., Tachihara K., 2012, Sexual difference in the migration pattern of blue marlin, Makaira nigricans, related to spawning and feeding activities in the western and central North Pacific Ocean. Bull. Mar. Sci. 88, 231–249.
- Su N.J., Sun C.L., Punt A.E., Yeh S.Z., DiNardo G., 2011a, Modelling the impacts of environmental variation on the distribution of blue marlin, Makaira nigricans, in the Pacific Ocean. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 68, 1072–1080. [CrossRef]
- Su N.J., Sun C.L., Punt A.E., Yeh S.Z., DiNardo G., 2011b, Evaluation of a spatially sex-specific assessment method incorporating a habitat preference model for blue marlin (Makaira nigricans) in the Pacific Ocean. Fish. Oceanogr. 20, 415–433. [CrossRef]
- Su N.J., Sun C.L., Punt A.E., Yeh S.Z., DiNardo G., 2012, Incorporating habitat preference into the stock assessment and management of blue marlin (Makaira nigricans) in the Pacific Ocean. Mar. Freshw. Res. 63, 565–575. [CrossRef]
- Sun C.L., Ehrhardt N.M., Porch C.E., Yeh S.Z., 2002, Analyses of yield and spawning stock biomass per recruit for the South Atlantic albacore (Thunnus alalunga). Fish. Res. 56, 193–204. [CrossRef]
- Sun C.L., Chang Y.J., Tszeng C.C., Yeh S.Z., Su N.J., 2009, Reproductive biology of blue marlin (Makaira nigricans) in the western Pacific Ocean. Fish. Bull. 107, 420–432.
- Thorson J.T., Prager M.H., 2011, Better catch curves : Incorporating age-specific natural mortality and logistic selectivity. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc. 140, 356–366. [CrossRef]
- Wang S.P., Sun C.L., Yeh S.Z., Chiang W.C., Su N.J., Chang Y.J., Liu C.H., 2006, Length distributions, weight-length relationships, and sex ratios at lengths for the billfishes in Taiwan waters. Bull. Mar. Sci. 79, 865–869.
- Wilson C.A., Dean J.M., Prince E.D., Lee D.W., 1991, An examination of sexual dimorphism in Atlantic and Pacific blue marlin using body weight, sagittae weight, and age estimates. J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol. 151, 209–225. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.