Aquat. Living Resour.
Volume 22, Number 4, October-December 2009
Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries
|Page(s)||463 - 481|
|Published online||20 October 2009|
- Anderson L.G., 2008, The control of market power in ITQ fisheries. Mar. Resour. Econ. 23, 25–35.
- Annala J.H., Sullivan K.J., Hore A.J., 1991, Management of multispecies fisheries in New Zealand by individual transferable quotas. ICES Mar. Sci. Symp. 193, 321–329.
- Anonymous, 1990, Report of an independent group of experts on the guidelines for the preparation of the multi-annual guidance programmes in relation to the fishing fleets for the period 1992-1996. Int. doc., European Commission, Brussels (The “Gulland” Report).
- Anonymous, 1996, Report of an independent group of experts to advise the European Commission on the fourth generation of multi-annual guidance programmes, April 26, XIV/298/96-EN (The “Lassen” Report).
- Anonymous, 2005, New Zealand Fisheries Legislation. Fisheries Act 1996, 7th edn, Vol. A. Chapmann Tripp, Barristers & Solicitors, New Zealand.
- Arnason R., 1990, Minimum information management in fisheries. Can. J. Econ. 23, 631–653.
- Arnason R., 2007, Advances in property rights based fisheries management: an introduction. Mar. Resour. Econ. 22, 335–346.
- Branch T.A., Rutherford K., Hilborn R., 2006, Replacing trip limits with individual transferable quotas: implications for discarding. Mar. Policy 30, 281–292. [CrossRef]
- EC, 2002a, Council regulation (EC) No. 2371/2002 on the conservation and sustainable exploitation of fisheries resources under the Common Fisheries Policy.
- EC, 2002b, Report of the sub-group on resource status (SGRST) of the Scientific, Technical and Economic Committee for Fisheries (STECF). SEC(2002) 1373.
- EC, 2006, Commission Staff Working Paper: Report of the ad hoc meeting of independent experts on fleet-fishery based sampling, Nantes, 12-16 June 2006.
- EC, 2007, Communication from the Commission on right-based management tools in fisheries. SEC(2007) 247.
- FAO, 2007, The state of world fisheries and aquaculture 2006. Rome FAO, 2007.
- Frost H., Kjærsgaard J., 2005, Over kapaciteten I den danskerflåde. FOI report no. 176.
- Frost H., Lanters R., Smit J., Sparre P., 1995, An appraisal of the effects of the decommissioning schemes in the case of Denmark and The Netherlands. DIFER, Esbjerg, Denmark, South Jutland University Press.
- Gibbs N., Stokes K., 2006, Implications of reallocation: Examples from New Zealand . FAO publication from the 2004 Sharing the Fish [follow up to FishRights99] conference.
- Grafton R.Q., Arnason R., Bjørndal T., Campbell D., Campbell H.F., Clark C.W., Connor R., Dupont D.P., Hanneson R., Hilborn R., Kirkley J.E., Kompas T., Lane D.E., Munro G.R., Pascoe S., Squires D., Steinshamn S.I., Turris B.R., Weninger Q. 2006, Incentive-based approaches to sustainable fisheries. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 63, 699–710.
- Guyader O., Daurès F., 2000, Economic analysis of the impact of buyback programs and the role of financial incentives schemes: Application to a limited entry French fishery. In: Lindebo E., Vestergaard N. (Eds.). Proc. 12th Annual Conference of the European Association of Fisheries Economists (EAFE). Department of Environmental and Business Economics, University of Southern Denmark, pp. 65–90.
- Guyader O., Thébaud O. 2001. Distributional issues in the operation of rights-based fisheries management systems. Mar. Policy 25, 103–112.
- Hatcher A.C., 2000, Subsidies for European fishing fleets: the European Community's structural policy for fisheries 1971-1999. Mar. Policy 24, 129–140. [CrossRef]
- Hentrich S., Salomon M., 2006, Flexible management of fishing rights and a sustainable fisheries industry in Europe. Mar. Policy 30, 712–720. [CrossRef]
- Hersoug B., Holm P., Rånes S.A., 2000, The missing T. Path dependency within an individual vessel quota system – the case of Norwegian cod fisheries. Mar. Policy 24, 319–330.
- Hersoug B., 2002, New Zealand experience with right-based fisheries management – Unfinished business. Eburon and Delft.
- Hilborn R., 2004, Ecosystem-based fisheries management: the carrot or the stick? Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. 274, 275–278.
- Hoff A., Frost H., 2007, Optimal vessel quotas and capacity of a Danish trawler fleet segment: a dual approach. Mar. Resour. Econ. 22, 1–14.
- Holden M., 1994, The Common fisheries policy: origin, evaluation and future. Fishing News Books.
- ICES, 1998, Report of the study group on the precautionary approach to fisheries management. ICES Headquarters, 3-6 Feb. 1998, CM1998/ACFM, 10.
- ICES, 2003, Report of the Study Group for the development of fishery-based forecasts. ICES Document CM 2003, ACFM:08 Ref. D.
- Johnson D., Haworth J., 2004, Hooked: the story of the New Zealand fishing industry. Hazard Press Ltd.
- Laurec A., Biseau A., Charuau A., 1991, Modeling technical interactions. ICES Mar. Sci. Symp. 193, 225–236.
- Mace P.M., 2004, In defence of fisheries scientists, single-species models and other scapegoats: confronting the real problems. Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. 274, 285–291.
- Marchal P., 2006, Technological developments and tactical adaptations of important EU fleets (TECTAC, no QLK5-2001-01291), Marchal P. (Ed.), Final report & annexes.
- Mesnil B., 2008, Public-aided crises in the French fishing sector. Ocean Coast. Manage. 51, 689–700. [CrossRef]
- Nautilus Consultants, 1997, The economic evaluation of the fishing boats (decommissioning) schemes, Edinburgh, Scotland, Nautilus Consultants.
- New Zealand Ministry of Fisheries, 2008, Harvest strategy standards for New Zealand fisheries. Ministry of Fisheries, Oct. 2008.
- Reeves S.A., Marchal P., Mardle S., Pascoe S., Prellezo R., Thébaud O., Travers M., 2008, From fish to fisheries: the changing focus of management advice. In: Payne A, Cotter J., Potter T. (Eds), Advances in fisheries science 50 years on from Beverton and Holt, CEFAS, Blackwell Publishing, pp. 135–154.
- Sanchirico J.N., Holland D., Quigley K., Fina M., 2006, Catch-quota balancing in multispecies individual fishing quotas. Mar. Policy 30, 767–785. [CrossRef]
- Shotton R., 2001, Case studies on the allocation of transferable quota rights in fisheries. FAO Fish. Tech. Paper No. 411, Rome, FAO.
- Stokes K., Gibbs N., Holland D., 2006, New Zealand's cost-recovery regime for fisheries research services: An industry perspective. Bull. Mar. Sci. 78, 467–485.
- Valantin G., 2000, Development of property rights-based management in the United Kingdom and The Netherlands: a comparison. In: Shotton R. (Ed.), Use of property rights in fisheries management. FAO Fish. Tech. Paper No. 404/2. Rome. FAO, http://www.fao.org/docrep/003/x8985e/x8985e00.htm.
- Vince J., Haward M., 2009, New Zealand oceans governance: Calming turbulent waters? Mar. Policy 33, 412–418.
- Vinther M., Reeves S.A., Patterson K.R., 2004, From single-species advice to mixed-species management: taking the next step. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 61, 1398–1409. [CrossRef]
- Yandle T., Dewees C.M., 2008, Consolidation in an individual transferable quota regime: lessons from New Zealand (1986-1999). Environ. Manage. 41, 915–928. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.