Aquat. Living Resour.
Volume 27, Number 1, January-March 2014
|Page(s)||17 - 26|
|Published online||12 August 2014|
- Armstrong M.P., Dean M.J., Hoffman W.S., Zemeckis D.R., Nies T.A., Pierce D.E., Diodati P.J., McKiernan D.J., 2013, The application of small scale fishery closures to protect Atlantic cod spawning aggregations in the inshore Gulf of Maine. Fish. Res. 141, 62–69. [CrossRef]
- Augustin N.H., Trenkel V.M., Wood S.N., Lorance P., 2013, Space-time modelling of blue ling for fisheries stock management. Environmetrics 24, 109–119. [CrossRef]
- Bastardie F., Nielsen J.R., Ulrich C., Egekvist J., Degel H., 2010, Detailed mapping of fishing effort and landings by coupling fishing logbooks with satellite-recorded vessel geo-location. Fish. Res. 106, 41–53. [CrossRef]
- Bertrand S., Díaz E., Lengaigne M., 2008, Patterns in the spatial distribution of Peruvian anchovy (Engraulis ringens) revealed by spatially explicit fishing data. Prog. Oceanogr. 79, 379–389. [CrossRef]
- Chang S.-K., 2011, Application of a vessel monitoring system to advance sustainable fisheries management – Benefits received in Taiwan. Mar. Policy 35, 116–121. [CrossRef]
- Cohen D.M., Inada T., Iwamoto T., Scialabba N., 1990, Gadiform fishes of the world (Gadiformes). An annotated and illustrated catalogue of cods, hakes, grenadiers and other gadiform fishes known to date. FAO Fisheries Synopsis 125(10). Rome, FAO, 442 p.
- Crawford R., Vagle S., Carmack E., 2012, Water mass and bathymetric characteristics of polar cod habitat along the continental shelf and slope of the Beaufort and Chukchi seas. Polar Biol. 35, 179–190. [CrossRef]
- Davies A.J., Roberts J.M., Hall-Spencer J., 2007, Preserving deep-sea natural heritage: Emerging issues in offshore conservation and management. Biol. Conserv. 138, 299–312. [CrossRef]
- EC, 2002a, Regulation No 2371/2002 of 20 December 2002 on the conservation and sustainable exploitation of fisheries resources under the Common Fisheries Policy. OJ L 358, 31.12.2002, 59–80.
- EC, 2002b, Regulation No 2347/2002 of 16 December 2002 establishing specific access requirements and associated conditions applicable to fishing for deep-sea stocks. OJ L 351, 28.12.2002, 6–11.
- EC, 2008, Directive 2008/56/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 June 2008 establishing a framework for community action in the field of marine environmental policy (Marine Strategy Framework Directive). OJ L 164, 25.6.2008, pp. 19–40.
- Enguehard R.A., Devillers R., Hoeber O., 2013, Comparing interactive and automated mapping systems for supporting fisheries enforcement activities-a case study on vessel monitoring systems (VMS). J. Coast. Conserv. 17, 105–119. [CrossRef]
- Fock H.O., 2008, Fisheries in the context of marine spatial planning: Defining principal areas for fisheries in the German EEZ. Mar. Policy 32, 728–739. [CrossRef]
- Gerritsen H., Lordan C., 2011, Integrating vessel monitoring systems (VMS) data with daily catch data from logbooks to explore the spatial distribution of catch and effort at high resolution. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 68, 245–252. [CrossRef]
- Gordon J.D.M., Hunter J.E., 1994, Study of deep-water fish stocks to the west of Scotland. Unpublished Rep., Dunstaffnage Marine Laboratory, Oban, Scotland.
- Hall-Spencer J.M., Tasker M., Soffker M., Christiansen S., Rogers S., Campbell M., Hoydal K., 2009, Design of Marine Protected Areas on high seas and territorial waters of Rockall Bank. Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. 397, 305–308. [CrossRef]
- Harley S.J., Myers R.A., Dunn A., 2001, Is catch-per-unit-effort proportional to abundance? Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 58, 1760–1772. [CrossRef]
- Hiddink J.G., Hutton T., Jennings S., Kaiser M.J., 2006, Predicting the effects of area closures and fishing effort restrictions on the production, biomass, and species richness of benthic invertebrate communities. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 63, 822–830. [CrossRef]
- Hintzen N.T., Piet G.J., Brunel T., 2010, Improved estimation of trawling tracks using cubic Hermite spline interpolation of position registration data. Fish. Res. 101, 108–115. [CrossRef]
- Hintzen N.T., Bastardie F., Beare D., Piet G.J., Ulrich C., Deporte N., Egekvist J., Degel H., 2012, VMStools: Open-source software for the processing, analysis and visualisation of fisheries logbook and VMS data. Fish. Res. 115, 31–43. [CrossRef]
- ICES, 2004, Report of the ICES Advisory Committee on Fishery Management and Advisory Committee on Ecosystems 2004, ICES Advice 1(2), 1544 p.
- ICES, 2006, Report of the ICES Advisory Committee on Fishery Management, Advisory Committee on the Marine Environment and Advisory Committee on Ecosystems, 2006. Widely distributed and migratory stocks, ICES Advice 2006, Book 9, 255 p.
- ICES, 2008, Report of the ICES Advisory Committee, 2008. Widely distributed and migratory stocks, ICES Advice 2008, Book 9.
- ICES, 2012a, General context of ICES advice. ICES Advice 2012, Book 1.
- ICES, 2012b, Report of the ICES Advisory Committee 2012, Book 9. Widely distributed and migratory stocks.
- Jennings S., Lee J., 2012, Defining fishing grounds with vessel monitoring system data. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 69, 51–63. [CrossRef]
- Joo R., Bertrand S., Chaigneau A., Ñiquen M., 2011, Optimization of an artificial neural network for identifying fishing set positions from VMS data: An example from the Peruvian anchovy purse seine fishery. Ecol. Model. 222, 1048–1059. [CrossRef]
- Jury M.R., 2012, Physical oceanographic influences on Central Benguela fish catch. Earth Interactions 16, 1–15. [CrossRef]
- Large P.A., Diez G., Drewery J., Laurans M., Pilling G.M., Reid D.G., Reinert J., South A.B., Vinnichenko V.I., 2010, Spatial and temporal distribution of spawning aggregations of blue ling (Molva dypterygia) west and northwest of the British Isles. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 67, 49–501. [CrossRef]
- Lee J., South A.B., Jennings S., 2010, Developing reliable, repeatable, and accessible methods to provide high-resolution estimates of fishing-effort distributions from vessel monitoring system (VMS) data. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 67, 1260–1271. [CrossRef]
- Lorance P., Pawlowski L., Trenkel V.M., 2010, Standardizing blue ling landings per unit effort from industry haul-by-haul data using generalized additive models. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 67, 1650–1658. [CrossRef]
- Marchal P., De Oliveira J.A.A., Lorance P., Baulier L., Pawlowski L., 2013, What is the added value of including fleet dynamics processes in fisheries models? Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 70, 992–1010. [CrossRef]
- Mills C.M., Townsend S.E., Jennings S., Eastwood P.D., Houghton C.A., 2007, Estimating high resolution trawl fishing effort from satellite-based vessel monitoring system data. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 64, 248–255. [CrossRef]
- Muus B.J., Nielsen J.G., 1999, Sea fish. Scandinavian Fishing Year Book. Hedehusene, Denmark.
- Olafsdottir A.H., Rose G.A., 2012, Influences of temperature, bathymetry and fronts on spawning migration routes of Icelandic capelin (Mallotus villosus). Fish. Oceanogr. 21, 182–198. [CrossRef]
- Overholtz W.J., Hare J.A., Keith C.M., 2011, Impacts of interannual environmental forcing and climate change on the distribution of Atlantic mackerel on the U.S. Northeast Continental Shelf. Mar. Coast. Fish. 3, 219–232. [CrossRef]
- Palmer M.C., 2008, Calculation of distance traveled by fishing vessels using GPS positional data: A theoretical evaluation of the sources of error. Fish. Res. 89, 57–64. [CrossRef]
- Reed J.K., Shepard A.N., Koenig C., Sanlon K.N., Gilmore R.G., 2005, Mapping, habitat characterization, and fish surveys of the deep-water Oculina coral reef Marine Protected Area: a review of historical and current research. In: Freiwald A., Roberts M. (Eds.), Cold-water corals and ecosystems. Berlin/Heidelberg, Springer, pp. 443–465.
- Ross P.S., Barlow J., Jefferson T.A., Hickie B.E., Lee T., MacFarquhar C., Parsons E.C., Riehl K.N., Rose N.A., Slooten E., Tsai C.-Y., Wang J., Wright A.J., Yang S.C., 2011, Ten guiding principles for the delineation of priority habitat for endangered small cetaceans. Mar. Policy 35, 483–488. [CrossRef]
- Ross R.E., Howell K.L., 2013, Use of predictive habitat modelling to assess the distribution and extent of the current protection of “listed” deep-sea habitats. Divers. Distrib. 19, 433–445. [CrossRef]
- Russo T., Parisi A., Prorgi M., Boccoli F., Cignini I., Tordoni M., Cataudella S., 2011, When behaviour reveals activity: Assigning fishing effort to métiers based on VMS data using artificial neural networks. Fish. Res. 111, 53–64. [CrossRef]
- Stelzenmuller V., Rogers S.I., Mills C.M., 2008, Spatio-temporal patterns of fishing pressure on UK marine landscapes, and their implications for spatial planning and management. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 65, 1081–1091. [CrossRef]
- Trenkel V.M., Bravington M.V., Lorance P., 2012, A random effects population dynamics model based on proportions-at-age and removal data for estimating total mortality. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 69, 1881–1893. [CrossRef]
- UN, 1982, United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
- UN, 1992, United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- UN, 1995, United Nations conference on straddling fish stocks and highly migratory fish stocks.
- UN, 2002, World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD). Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Walker E., Bez N., 2010, A pioneer validation of a state-space model of vessel trajectories (VMS) with observers’ data. Ecol. Model. 221, 2008–2017. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.