Aquat. Living Resour.
Volume 25, Number 3, July-September 2012
|Page(s)||231 - 240|
|Published online||05 September 2012|
- Akaike H., 1974, A new look at the statistical model identification. IEEE Trans. Automat. Contr. AC-19, 716–23. [NASA ADS] [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Catchpole T.L., Revill A.S., 2008, Gear technology in Nephrops trawl trawl ?sheries. Rev. Fish. Biol. Fish. 18, 17–31. Efron, B., 1982, The jackknife, the bootstrap and other resampling plans. SIAM Monograph No. 38, CBSM-NSF. [CrossRef]
- Eigaard O.R., Herrmann B., Nielsen R., 2012, Influence of grid orientation and time of day on grid sorting in a small-meshed trawl fishery for Norway pout (Trisopterus esmarkii). Aquat. Living Resour. 25, 15–26. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Feekings J., Bartolino V., Madsen N., Catchpole T., 2012, Fishery discards : factors affecting their variability within a demersal trawl fishery. PLoS One 7(4), e36409. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Fonteyne R., Buglioni G., Leonori I., O’Neill F.G., 2007, Review of mesh measurement methodologies. Fish. Res. 85, 279–284. [CrossRef]
- Frandsen R.P., Herrmann B., Madsen N., 2010a, A simulation-based attempt to quantify the morphological component of size selection of Nephrops norvegicus in trawl codends. Fish. Res. 101, 156–167. [CrossRef]
- Frandsen R.P., Herrmann B., Madsen N., Krag L.A., 2011, Development of a codend concept to improve size selectivity of Nephrops (Nephrops norvegicus) in a multi-species fishery. Fish. Res. 111, 116–126. [CrossRef]
- Frandsen R.P., Madsen N., Krag L.A., 2010b, Selectivity and escapement behaviour of five commercial species in a square mesh and a diamond mesh codend. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 67, 1721–1731. [CrossRef]
- Frandsen R.P., Holst R., Madsen N., 2009, Evaluation of three levels of selective devices relevant to management of the Danish Kattegat-Skagerrak Nephrops fishery. Fish. Res. 97, 243–252. [CrossRef]
- Fryer R.J., 1991, A model of the between-haul variation in selectivity. ICES. J. Mar. Sci. 48, 281–290. [CrossRef]
- Grimaldo E., Larsen R.B., Sistiaga M., Madsen N., Breen M., 2009, Selectivity and escape percentages during three phases of the towing process for codends fitted with different selection systems. Fish. Res. 95, 198–205. [CrossRef]
- Harris R.R., Andrews M.B., 2005a, Physiological changes in the Norway lobster Nephrops norvegicus (L.) escaping and discarded from commercial trawls on the West Coast of Scotland. 1. Body fluid volumes and haemolymph composition after capture and during recovery on the seabed. J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol. 320, 179–193. [CrossRef]
- Harris R.R., Andrews M.B., 2005b, Physiological changes in the Norway lobster Nephrops norvegicus (L.) escaping and discarded from commercial trawls on the West Coast of Scotland. II. Disturbances in haemolymph respiratory gases, tissue metabolites and swimming performance after capture and during recovery. J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol. 320, 195–210. [CrossRef]
- Harris R.R., Ulmestrand M., 2004, Discarding Norway lobster (Nephrops norvegicus L.) through low salinity layers – mortality and damage seen in simulation experiments. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 61, 127–139. [CrossRef]
- Herrmann B., 2005, Effect of catch size and shape on the selectivity of diamond mesh cod-ends : II Theoretical study of haddock selection. Fish. Res. 71, 15–26. [CrossRef]
- Herrmann B., Priour D., Krag L.A., 2007, Simulation based study of the combined effect on cod-end size selection for round fish of turning mesh 90° and reducing the number of meshes in the circumference. Fish. Res. 84, 222–232. [CrossRef]
- Herrmann B., Krag L.A., Frandsen R.P., Madsen N., Lundgren B., Stæhr K.J., 2009, Prediction of selectivity from morphological conditions : Methodology and a case study on cod (Gadus morhua). Fish. Res. 97, 59–71. [CrossRef]
- ICES, 2010, Report of the study group on Turned 90° codend selectivity, focusing on Baltic cod selectivity (SGTCOD). ICES CM 2010/FTC :05.
- ICES, 2011, Report of the study group on Turned 90° codend selectivity, focusing on Baltic cod selectivity (SGTCOD), 4–6 May 2011, IMR, Reykjavik, Iceland. ICES CM 2011/SSGESST :08.
- Krag L.A., Frandsen R.P., Madsen N., 2008, Evaluation of a simple means to reduce discard in the Kattegat-Skagerrak Nephrops (Nephrops norvegicus) fishery : Commercial testing of different codends and square-mesh panels. Fish. Res. 91, 175–186. [CrossRef]
- Lowry N., Robertson J.H.B., 1995, The effect of twine thickness on cod-end selectivity of trawls for haddock in the North Sea. Fish. Res. 26, 353–363. [CrossRef]
- Madsen N., 2007, Selectivity of fishing gears used in the Baltic Sea cod fishery. Rev. Fish. Biol. Fish. 17, 517–544. [CrossRef]
- Madsen N., Hansen K.E., Moth-Poulsen T., 2001, The kite cover : a new concept for covered codend selectivity studies. Fish. Res. 49, 219–226. [CrossRef]
- Madsen N., Hansen K.E., Frandsen R.P., Krag L.A., 2012, Development and test of a remotely operated Minisampler for discrete trawl sampling. Fish. Res. 123-124, 16–20. [CrossRef]
- Madsen N., Moth-Poulsen T., Lowry N., 1998, Selectivity experiments with window codends fished in the Baltic Sea cod (Gadus morhua) fishery. Fish. Res. 36, 1–14. [CrossRef]
- Madsen N., Skeide R., Breen M., Krag L.A., Huse I., Soldal A.V., 2008, Selectivity in a trawl codend during haul-back operation – An overlooked phenomenon. Fish. Res. 91, 168–174. [CrossRef]
- Madsen N., Frandsen R.P., Holst R., Krag L.A., 2010, Development of new concepts for escape windows to minimise cod catches in Norway lobster fisheries. Fish. Res. 103, 25–29. [CrossRef]
- Madsen N., Valentinsson D., 2010, Use of selective devices in trawls to support recovery of the Kattegat cod stock : a review of experiments and experience. ICES J. Mar. Sci. 67, 2042–2050. [CrossRef]
- Manly B.F.J., 1997, Randomization, Bootstrap and Monte Carlo methods in biology – Texts in statistical science. Chapman & Hall.
- Millar R.B., 1993, Incorporation of between-haul variation using bootstrapping and nonparametric estimation of selection curves. Fish. Bull. 91, 564–572.
- Sala A., Lucchetti A., Buglioni G., 2007, The influence of twine thickness on the size selectivity of polyamide codends in a Mediterranean bottom trawl. Fish. Res. 83, 192–203. [CrossRef]
- Shelton P.M., Gaten E., Chapman C.J., 1985, Light and retinal damage in Nephrops norvegicus (L.) (Crustacea). Proc. R. Soc. Lond. B 226, 217–236. [CrossRef]
- Sistiaga M., Herrmann B., Grimaldo E., Larsen R.B., 2010, Assessment of dual selection in grid based selectivity systems. Fish. Res. 105, 187–199. [CrossRef]
- Tokac A., Ozbilgin H., Tosunoglu Z., 2004, Effect of PA and PE material on codend selectivity in Turkish bottom trawl. Fish. Res. 67, 317–327. [CrossRef]
- Valentinsson D., Ulmestrand M., 2008, Species-selective Norway lobster trawling : Swedish grid experiments. Fish. Res. 90, 109–117. [CrossRef]
- Votier S.C., Furness R.W., Bearhop S., Crane J.E., Caldow R.W.G., Catry P., Ensor K., Hamer K.C., Hudson A.W., Kalmbach E., Klomp N.I., Pfeiffer S., Phillips R.A., Prieto I., Thompson D.R., 2004, Changes in fisheries discard rates and seabird communities. Nature 427, 727–730. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Wienbeck H., Herrmann B., Moderhak W., Stepputtis D., 2011, Effect of netting direction and number of meshes around on size selection in the codend for Baltic cod (Gadus morhua). Fish. Res. 109, 80–88. [CrossRef]
- Wileman D.A., Ferro R.S.T., Fonteyne R., Millar R.B. (eds.), 1996, Manual of methods of measuring the selectivity of towed fishing gears. ICES Coop. Res. Rep. No. 215.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.