Aquat. Living Resour.
Volume 21, Number 3, July-September 2008Advances in Fisheries Analysis and Modelling
Reversible and Irreversible Changes in Fish Resources and their usage
|Page(s)||329 - 337|
|Published online||09 October 2008|
- Agostinho A.A., Penczak T., 1995, Populations and production of fish in two small tributaries of the Paraná River, Paraná, Brazil. Hydrobiologia 312, 153–166. [CrossRef]
- Allan J.D., 1995, Stream Ecology. Structure and Function of Running Waters. Chapman & Hall, London.
- Angermeier P.L., Smogor R.A., 1995, Estimating the number of species and relative abundance in stream-fish communities: effects of sampling effort and discontinuous spatial distributions. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 52, 936–949. [CrossRef]
- Bohlin T., Cowx I.G., 1992, Implications of unequal probability of capture by electric fishing on the estimation of population size. In: Cowx I.G. (Ed.), Developments in Electric Fishing. Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, pp. 145–155.
- Bohlin T., Sundström B., 1977, Influence of unequal catchability on population estimates using the Lincoln index and the removal method applied to electro-fishing. Oikos 28, 123–129. [CrossRef]
- Bravo R., Soriguer M.C., Villar N., Hermando J.A., 1999, A simple method to estimate the significance level on the catch probability in the catch removal method in river fish populations. Fish. Res. 44, 179–182. [CrossRef]
- Carle F.L., Strub M.R., 1978, A new method for estimating population size from removal data. Biometrics 34, 621–630. [CrossRef]
- Casselman J.M., Penczak T., Carl L., Mann R.H.K., Holcik J., Woitowich W.A., 1990, An evaluation of fish sampling methodologies for large river systems. Pol. Arch. Hydrobiol. 37, 521–551.
- Chmielewski A., Cuinat R., Dembinski W., Lamarque P., 1973, Fatigue and mortality effects in electrical fishing. Pol. Arch. Hydrobiol. 20, 241–348.
- Cormack R.M., 1968, The statistics of capture-recapture methods. Oceanogr. Mar. Biol. 6, 455–506.
- Cowx I.G., 1983, Review of the methods for estimating fish population size from survey removal data. Fish. Manage. 14, 67–82.
- Cowx I.G., van Zyll de Jong M.C., 2004, Rehabilitation of freshwater fisheries: tales of the unexpected? Fish. Manage. Ecol. 11, 243–249.
- Cuinat R., 1967, Contribution to the study of physical parameters in electric fishing in rivers with direct current. In: Vibert R. (Ed.) Fishing with electricity – its applications to biology and management. FAO, Fishing News (Books) Ltd., London, pp. 131–171.
- Dauwalter D.C., Pert E.J., 2003, Electrofishing effort and fish species richness and relative abundance in Ozark Highland Stream of Arkansas. N. Am. J. Fish. Manage. 23, 1152–1166. [CrossRef]
- Hankin D.G., 1984, Multistage sampling designs in fisheries research: applications in small streams. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 41, 1575–1591. [CrossRef]
- Hankin D.G., 1986, Sampling designs for estimating the total number of fish in small streams. Res. Pap. PNW-360. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station, Portland, OR.
- Heimbuch D.G., Wilson H.T., Weisberg S.B., Volstand J.H., 1997, Estimating fish abundance in stream surveys by using double-pass removal sampling. T. Am. Fish. Soc. 126, 795–803. [CrossRef]
- Knight J.G., Bain M.B., 1996, Sampling fish assemblage in forest floodplain wetlands. Ecol. Freshw. Fish. 5, 76–85. [CrossRef]
- Libosvarsky J., 1966, Successive removals with electrical fishing gear: a suitable method for making populations estimates in small streams. Verh. Int. Verein. Limnol. 16, 1212–1216.
- Lowe-McConnell R.H., 1987, Ecological studies in tropical fish communities. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Lyons J., Kanehl P., 1993, Comparison of four electrofishing procedures for assessing the abundance of smallmouth bass in Wisconsin streams, Technical Report NC-159. General U.S. Forest Service, North Central Forest Experimental Station, St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Mahon R., 1980, Accuracy of catch-effort methods for estimating fish density and biomass in streams. Environ. Biol. Fish. 5, 343–363. [CrossRef]
- Mann R.H.K., 1971, The populations, growth and production of fish in four small streams in Southern England. J. Anim. Ecol. 40, 155–190. [CrossRef]
- Mann R.H.K., 1996, Environmental requirements of European non-salmonid fish in rivers. Hydrobiologia 323, 223–235. [CrossRef]
- Matthews W.J., 1998, Patterns in freshwater fish ecology. Chapman & Hall, New York.
- Maunder M.N., 2001, A general framework for integrating the standardization of catch per unit of effort into stock assessment models. Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 58, 795–803. [CrossRef]
- Meador M.R., McIntyre J.P., Pollock K.H., 2003, Assessing the efficacy of single-pass backpack electrofishing to characterize fish community structure. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc. 132, 39–46. [CrossRef]
- Payne A.L., 1986, The ecology of tropical lakes and rivers. J. Wiley & Sons, Chichester.
- Penczak T., 1981, Ecological fish production in two small lowland rivers in Poland. Oecologia 48, 107–111. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Penczak T., 1985, Influence of site area on the estimation of the density of fish populations in a small river. Aquac. Fish. Manage. 1, 273–285.
- Penczak T., Lasso C., 1991, Problems of estimating populations parameters and production of fish in a tropical rain forest stream, North Venezuela. Hydrobiologia 215, 121–133. [CrossRef]
- Penczak T., O'Hara K., 1998, Accuracy of fish population estimates in a navigation canal with heavy traffic. Fish. Res. 35, 191–198. [CrossRef]
- Penczak T., Galicka W., Głowacki Ł., Koszaliński H., 1994, Fish stocks in the Warta River: continued post-impoundment study (1990-1992). Pol. Arch. Hydrobiol. 41, 347–363.
- Penczak T., Gomes L.C., Bini L.M., Agostinho A.A., 1998, The importance of qualitative inventory sampling using electric fishing and nets in a large, tropical river (Brazil). Hydrobiologia 389, 89–100. [CrossRef]
- Penczak T., Kruk A., Koszaliński H., Kostrzewa J., Marszał L., Galicka W., Głowacki Ł., 2000, Fishes of three oxbow lakes and their parent Pilica River: 25 years later. Pol. Arch. Hydrobiol. 47, 115–130.
- Penczak T., Głowacki Ł., Kostrzewa J., Kruk A., Koszaliński H., Galicka W., Marszał L., Zieba G., 2003, Influence of climate-related temporal changes on fish assemblages in oxbow lakes and in their parent Pilica River (continuation). Ecohydrol. Hydrobiol. 3, 71–85.
- Pine W.E., Pollock K.H., Hightower J.E., Kwak T.J., Rice J.A., 2003, A review of tagging methods for estimating fish populations size and components of mortality. Fisheries 28, 10–23. [CrossRef]
- Platts W.S., Megahan W.F., Minshall G.W., 1983, Methods for evaluating stream, riparian, and biotic conditions. GTR-INT-138, series number PB83-225300AO5 – NTIS Info. USDA, Forest Service, Intermountain Forest and Range Experimental Station, Ogden, UT.
- Reynolds J.B., 1983, Electrofishing. In: Nielsen L.A., Johnson D.L., (Eds.) Fisheries techniques. American Fisheries Society, Bethesda, Maryland, pp. 147–163.
- Riley S.C., Faush K.D., 1992, Underestimation of trout population size by maximum-likelihood removal estimates in small streams. N. Am. J. Fish. Manage. 12, 768–776. [CrossRef]
- Royston J.P., 1982, An extension of Shapiro and Wilk's W test for normality to large samples. Appl. Stat. 31, 115–124. [CrossRef]
- Simonson T.D., Lyons J., 1995, Comparison of catch per effort and removal procedures for sampling stream fish assemblages. N. Am. J. Fish. Manage. 15, 419–427. [CrossRef]
- Van Deventer J.S., Platts W.S., 1985, A computer software system for entering, managing and analyzing fish capture data from streams. Res. Note–INT-352, Ser. Number PB86-125192AO2. USDA, Forest Service, Intermountain Forest and Range Experimental Station, Ogden, UT.
- Van Deventer J.S., Platts W.S., 1989, Microcomputer software system User Guide. GTR-INT-254, Series Number PB89-151690AO3. USDA, Forest Service, Intermountain Forest and Range Experimental Station, Ogden, UT.
- Wootton R.J., 1990, The ecology of teleost fishes. Chapman and Hall, London.
- Zalewski M., 1983, The influence of fish community structure on the efficiency of electrofishing. Fish. Manage. 14, 177–186.
- Zalewski M., 1985, The estimate of fish density and biomass in rivers on the basis of relationships between specimen size and efficiency of electrofishing. Fish. Res. 3, 147–155. [CrossRef]
- Zalewski M., Cowx I.G., 1990, Factors affecting the efficiency of electric fishing. In: Cowx I.G., Lamarque P. (Eds.) Fishing with electricity. Applications in freshwater fisheries management. Fishing News Books, Oxford, pp. 89–111.
- Zippin C., 1956, An evaluation of the removal method of estimating animal populations. Biometrics 12, 163–189. [CrossRef]
- Zippin C., 1958, The removal method of population estimation. J. Wildlife Manage. 22, 82–90. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.